131° -Port USB Wall Charger, PowerPort 5

Have one of these for the last few years, no complaints.

solid10/11/2019 17:04

GaN or nothing for me

You should list one here . I could only find in Amazon USA site , not UK. Only advantage of using GaN is smaller size and weight but much more expensive.

largeruk10/11/2019 17:01

Can anyone recommend a charger that has Quick Charge 3.0, power delivery …Can anyone recommend a charger that has Quick Charge 3.0, power delivery and usb c

Depends on your phone can do quick charge, like Samsung S7 above, has quick charge with its own quick charge charger.

amazon.co.uk/Ank…1-6

Edited by: “MikeCumbria” 11th Nov

MikeCumbria11/11/2019 10:40

Do these type of chargers spread the charge out between devices plugged …Do these type of chargers spread the charge out between devices plugged in? For instance if you had 2 things plugged in rather than 1 would you get half the charge to each, or still full charge rate to both?

Heat for the 5 Port at £15

Anker are reliable. Not had any problems with the Products I have.

I bought the 6 Port, 60Watt from Amazon last week for £23:

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

So far so good…

Heat

Edited by: “b3nwhy” 11th Nov

pokemon211/11/2019 10:45

well I got one from Amazon, and it is good, but as mobile usually take …well I got one from Amazon, and it is good, but as mobile usually take 2-5w, so plenty of space. Also you won’t attach 5 devices in one good. as you do not want all 5 devices next to you, when you are on mobile.. it is a nice gimmick, but practically impossible. I use it for holiday and with overseas power supply, sometimes best to spread the charging to other adaptors in case one break , then there is no charge for all

You bet.

2 x Kids vtech kids smartwatches

2 x kids ipads

1 x mini drone

I just bought the 10-port one on Amazon for £21. Bloody steal!

replicant6911/11/2019 11:29

Get confused by all these…. I have an S10+ and would love a quick …Get confused by all these…. I have an S10+ and would love a quick charger! But preferably more than 1 port, any recommendations of a good trusted brand?

I would recommend Anker as a top brand, they’re the only brand I buy tech bits from.

I’ve had no issues with their products and they have really good customer services.

sam_of_london10/11/2019 16:11

No Quick Charge 3.0 , power delivery or usb c . Slow charger. Just buy the …No Quick Charge 3.0 , power delivery or usb c . Slow charger. Just buy the brand name not the product.

It’s got nothing to do with brand name vs product. Your single port USB C alternative is a different product and serves serves an entirely different purpose. It’s like going to the Pepsi Max multipack thread, complaining that there’s no sugar, and linking to a single can of redbull.

This is a decent quality multi USB charger, priced at a cheap level. I have a USB C charger for my one and only item that needs it. Between me and the family there are a whole bunch of low power devices that use standard USB charging. I also like these multi chargers that aren’t joined to the plug and can sit on top of a sideboard.

Edited by: “pubjoe” 11th Nov

replicant6911/11/2019 11:29

The S10 Plus supports up to 15W using Quick Charge 2.0 so that’s what you need to look for (or 3.0) for the full whack. Anker’s PowerIQ 2.0/3.0 will work too.

It really is very confusing. All sorts of standards and supported profiles.

pokemon211/11/2019 10:21

Nice deal with £1.50 additional off, but it is 35-60 days delivery …Nice deal with £1.50 additional off, but it is 35-60 days delivery compared to Amazon 17.99 or lesser (3 days or less) and if faulty, ship back to China, just to save £2 ie 10%.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Charging-Multi-Port-Black/dp/B00VTI8K9K/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1G9HHHXVH9PJW&keywords=anker+charger&qid=1573467549&s=electronics&sprefix=anker%2Celectronics%2C139&sr=1-6

Exactly, these are great units we have a few at work running 24/7 but the price compared to delivery time is a no deal I’m afraid, have not voted either way

I use one of these to charge my bike computers, lights and other gadgets on my bike rather than take them all off.

40W total I’m not enough for 5 ports , charging will be slow. For 5 ports the min output should be 60-65W .

Edited by: “Lord_British” 11th Nov

bigpappa11/11/2019 10:52

You bet.2 x Kids vtech kids smartwatches2 x kids ipads1 x mini droneThe …You bet.2 x Kids vtech kids smartwatches2 x kids ipads1 x mini droneThe only benefit so far is that all these devices remain uncharged at the moment, but I could easily use 5 ports.

I have kids but when do they stay together and in one room to have all 5 device charge simultaneously all the time.. the quantity of cables i pay for haha….. maximum for my own use is 3 haha..

sam_of_london10/11/2019 17:41

expired

40W anker wall charger……this company didn’t really think about their name did they…lol

Got one of these from Amazon few years ago. Excellent quality!

Quite right USB-A is so 2018

sam_of_london10/11/2019 16:11

amazon.co.uk/Nek…GDG

Yes it’s 30 but 3x 12 so charges phone ipad at full speed and small macbook pro or air.